Tuesday, March 12, 2019

How to you set up your writing space?


Having the perfect setting with everything I need to write, including a nice cup of hot ginger tea, or coffee, can take me to a place in writing that is so peaceful that I can forget the time of day, or that I have not eaten. I get into that space like did when I used to run and got into that perfect stride and became relaxed. The next thing I knew I am done, and I started to feel the burn!

I love to write with a candle burning around me. I don't ever use more than one, but my daughter purchased a votive candle holder for me that is made out of pink Himalayan salt. I went to the store and purchased some black cherry-scented votive candles that smell like heaven. As the room starts to get dark as the sun goes down, the candle holder gives off a gorgeous glow. 

 A bed should never be the ideal space to write since it's purpose is for two reasons (Sleep and Making love) but I must say that finding the comfortable spot on the bed next to a lamp and notebooks, pens, and papers strewn all over the bed until time to clean up, gives me a sense of accomplishment; it is just wonderful! 

ALWAYS clean up your writing area every night before you go to bed. It is a nice feeling to wake up the next day with a neat area and a fresh start. If you disagree let me know why?

No comments: