Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Why did you start writing? Did you want to be a writer?


When I decided to write my first book, It came from a dark place. If you read my page pertaining to my books, you will understand. I had a very difficult time in my doctoral program with a chairperson and I wanted to warn everyone to stay away from my university. The final product did not turn out so mean. It turned out to be a book about sticktoitiveness (yes, that is a word) and triumph! You can also check http://thebp.site/160199. What I didn't know was that after I wrote the first book, more titles would *POP* into my mind! 

I am now on the second book of three that I am currently writing and I have one title that I am not sure how I am going to use yet. I also decided to write a few Children's books after I am finished with the first three. I have found self-publishing to be hard but so much fun. Had I known, I would have started writing sooner. I am sure that there will be some of you who are reading this page right now that wanted to write a book but you either have no idea what you will write about, or if you could because you lack encouragement and confidence. 

Well, you have found the right page. I am not only encouraging you, but I am also pushing you because the universe is not going to write it for you. It might give you the inspiration, but that is it. 

You may not be an award-winning writer but I promise you, when you get that package in the mail, open it and see what you gave birth too, there is going to be a feeling that goes through you that no one will be able to describe! Though we all have a story inside of us, make sure it is something you want to share with the world; not all stories are meant to be shared. My books and my dissertation have come from my experiences. Nothing is written in stone that says you cannot write about a particular topic. Follow your bliss! Though it is recommended to write in a particular genre, I am not there yet. I write about what comes to my mind. I am having fun with it, and so should you!

No comments: